Saturday, January 31, 2015

The winds of change!

I recently returned from a church conference and every message from every speaker was speaking directly to all that I have been dealing with and praying about. I have been struggling with decision making and making the right choices that would not only benefit my life but the lives of others.
 First I would like to confess that over the past few months I have not been the witness of Christ on a level that I believe that Jesus wants me to be! Not that I have been acting out in an ungodly manner but I haven't really shared the good news of the gospel or have offered the hope of the same. To some they might say that it doesn't matter or that we really don't need to but that is where I have come to a different understanding of my purpose.
 When I had come to the understanding of Gods word that Christ had shed His blood for my sins, this was the beginning of the winds of change for me! As I gave my life to Him having repented of my sins, had been baptized in the name of Jesus and being filled with the Holy Ghost my purpose was now clear, that I would be a witness of Christ! I would live my life for His glory and that others would come to know Him because of it! Let your light so shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven!
 Today I confess and apologize to all that I have not offered words of hope and encouragement when you needed them. Having focused on my own life, family, church and needs I have not been the pastor, brother, husband, father, friend and co-worker that you deserve. I am thanking God for the winds of change!
 Tomorrow morning in the church service I will be preaching about the passion of the Lord and how that passion is now once again burning in my soul. My passion is to be a witness of Christ to a troubled world! It is to be an open ear to listen to the brokenness that others may be facing! My passion is to have hands outstretched not to receive but to offer others what I have! My passion is to preach the gospel to all the world( the world that encompasses where I live) so that they may have opportunity to come to Jesus.
 I don't intend to be a religious person, quoting scriptures, making judgments and personifying a holier than thou attitude but I will strive to demonstrate that loving relationship that I have with the Lord and make every effort to share the peace, joy and the passion that I have because of Him!
 Change my heart oh God, Make it ever true. Change my heart oh God, may I be like you!  

No comments:

Post a Comment