Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Reality is where I live!

Eccl 9:11-12
 I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all.

12 For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.
  The reality is that LIFE HAPPENS! There are times when God does show His children favor and because of prayers that we have made God has changed His mind on a certain thing, but there are times when life happens. It may be raining today simply because the clouds are full and can no longer contain it! The train has stopped you at the crossing simply because this is the moment it had entered the path in which you were on. People have been mean, unruly, hateful, disrespectful and may just have ignored you because they are people. That's life.
  I do believe in spiritual influence, good and evil but I also believe that time and chance happeneth to us all. Meaning that not everything that happens to us in our lives is spiritually determined! The bible tells us that it rains on the just and the unjust alike. This doesn't mean that the just are blessed with the equal amount that the unjust are cursed or judged! What this means is good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people!
  If bad things always happened to bad people then what hope would they ever have? If good things always happened to good people then what faith, trust or dependency on God would we ever need?
  Living in reality means that I recognize that not everything goes according to my plans. It means that I don't blame God for allowing bad things to happen and only bless Him for the good! In all things give thanks!
  Like the old song says, You take the good you take the bad you take the both and there you have The Facts of Life!  As a Christian I have help from the Lord in my life's journey but I will still face what every life faces. I will face temptation. I will face difficulties. I will face loss and struggle. I will face the rain, the storm and winters cold but I will also face the warmth of the sun, not because the enemy is against me and the Lord is for me but because that's reality.
  WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME!!!!!! In most cases it is because your heart is still beating, its because you are alive. We want to blame the enemy for all that happens but the problem is then we end up also blaming God for doing nothing about it.
  There are times of  influence from the enemy, but it will be a time when you are having an impact on the kingdom, when your reaching the lost, when your life is turning from sin to God not during your day to day life! The enemy will try to do greater damage than a flat tire on your car, broken down washing machine, late payment on your bills and even more than a common cold!
  When we learn to live in reality our faith will quit waivering with every mishap! We wont blame God or give unwarranted credit to the enemy!
   If you draw a circle and put your life and God in it, that's one reality! Now if you take God out of that circle, that's another reality but a reality nonetheless.
  With Christ there is hope, purpose, help, direction, guidance and eternal salvation but there will still be difficult times, that's life, that's reality! Reality is where I live but it is still lived by faith and my life is still in His hands!!

No comments:

Post a Comment