Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My enemy is me!

Read this in the first person.
  Today I wake up and I decide. I decide what to wear, what to do, what to think about, who to be around and as the day goes on how to react to life. Its easy for me to blame others for how my life goes but it is I who allows how much other people influence my life. It is my decision who I allow to influence my life.
 My problem is that I care what people do and say about me that don't really care about me and I really need to focus on the ones that do! I let there actions dictate my response! I shouldn't but I do. That's my problem, I am in contact and communication with the people that are not good for me! I'm constantly surrounding myself with negativity whether in person or by social media and then I get caught up in it and become negative myself. Its me, I am my enemy! I do this to myself! I need to get off this merry-go-round because its no longer any fun and I keep ending up where I started.
  What does the bible say in  2 Cor 6:14-16
 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
  Its no wonder I am not getting along with these people because we are not on the same journey. Our destination is in two different places. For those who are on the same journey we must be at different points along the way.

  This is hard for me to say but in every situation that I find myself in I am the constant factor! Every time Im at odds with someone I am involved.  Every time Im in disagreement with someone I am involved. Every time the drama curtain opens I am the star of the show! My enemy is me! I am fighting with myself!
  Today I change course. I am turning away from those who choose not to influence my life in a positive way and I turn to those who do. I am not going to socialize with or respond to anyone who is not going to benefit my life and who's life will not benefit from mine!
  Today I am choosing to let my light so shine that others will see the goodness in me and desire what I have!
 I am sick of drama and gossip and all the negative things that go with it so I am going to quit spreading it! I am my enemy! Rom 7:18-19
 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
  With that said I realize that if I take me out of every problem then there is no problem at all!

 Authors note: If you find yourself offended or angered in any way remember your enemy is not me.

No comments:

Post a Comment