Monday, April 28, 2014

Longing for His Presence!

Job 23:3-6
 Oh that I knew where I might find him! that I might come even to his seat!

4 I would order my cause before him, and fill my mouth with arguments.
5 I would know the words which he would answer me, and understand what he would say unto me.
6 Will he plead against me with his great power? No; but he would put strength in me.
  In all that Job had lost, his children, his servants, livestock, wealth and even his health the one thing Job desired to regain was the presence of His God! Not for one minute do I believe that Job didn't love all that he had lost but Job understood that without the presence of the Lord his own life would be meaningless!
 To have the gains of this whole world but to lose your soul, to find yourself with material things and longing for something more.
 To be without the presence of the Lord in comparison would be like a fish out of water, a tree plucked up by its roots or a severed finger or limb! All of these things removed from there natural habitat or its atmosphere quickly begin to die unless reintroduced to its natural environment.
 When an astronaut leaves the atmosphere of the earth he must create, by imitation, this type of atmosphere in order to survive. He would have to wear a suit that would supply oxygen in order to breath. This suit would also provide enough weight to overcome the lack of gravity, keeping him grounded and avoiding floating off into space! God has created an atmosphere for His children to live in and that is His own presence. When we get out of that atmosphere, or having never entered in to that atmosphere life cannot be sustained at the level that Almighty God has designed it to be!
 The bible tells us that it rains on the just and the unjust alike but with the rain on the just an umbrella of Gods protection is also provided! Troubles still arise, difficulty is still a part of life, temptation is still present but God provides a way of escape!  
 In thy presence is fullness of joy and at thy right hand are pleasures forever more! Psalms 16:11

  The world provides imitations to try to fulfill the emptiness in our lives that only Gods presence will do! But like the astronaut we need to find our way back into our natural atmosphere because the longer that we are out of it the greater the toll on our bodies, our lives!
 Job had lost everything and his response was, Oh that I knew where I might find Him, that I might come even to His seat! I can live with the loss of all that I loved but I cannot live with out thy Presence! I know the words which He would answer me!
 What would God say to me when I am at a loss, when hurting, when feeling abandoned, hopeless and at the end of my rope? Job said would He plead against me? NO, but He would strengthen me!! God is our help, our refuge, our strength,healer, deliverer and our salvation! Not to mention a caring, loving, concerned and compassionate Father like no other!
  No matter where I am, what is happening in my life I long for His presence!

 Read Psalms 63

No comments:

Post a Comment