Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Going it alone!

John 12:24
 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

 It is amazing to me that when we are surrounded by people that we can still feel like we are alone. When we have people who genuinely care about us and for us how we can still feel that we are all alone!
  Scripture after scripture tells us that we are a body, many members but one body! The bible talks of a fellowship of Gods people and that we should be of the same mind! It speaks to being fellow laborers WITH God! The bible tells us that God has made us sit together in heavenly places!
     Eph 2:21-22
 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.
   Together, together, together, together, together, if in fact we are together than why do I feel so ALONE?

   You are the answer to that question! You are the key! You determine your own relational status of togetherness or loneliness! You are the missing ingredient, you are the deciding factor whether you are in fellowship or you are GOING IT ALONE!
  When a single seed is planted and dies, breaking its shell only then will it bud and break forth from the ground producing a crop! But any seed that remains a seed abides alone as a single seed!
  When I decide that this life is no longer all about me and change my focus to include others I am no longer going it alone!  Others become a part of my life and I become a part of theirs!
  What I have learned in this life is that others have been through and have experienced the things that I am facing at the present! They have been down this road before and with that they are an advantage to me because I can walk in their path! Or I can choose to plow my own way which many have done as well!
 If I will plant myself into the family of God and I becomes WE and Us, I will no longer have to go it alone! Every situation I face I choose to face it by myself or with someone else! Whether I suffer or rejoice I choose to do it with or without someone else! A single seed abides alone until its planted, dies and brings forth much fruit!
 When I plant my life in to the church I don't just gain a friend but a family! I only go through life alone if I choose to abide alone!
  Loneliness by definition is being apart from others! So to change my status I need to plant myself into the gardens of others! If its so easy then why is it so hard? Because we tell ourselves that we don't fit in, we wont be accepted, we have been rejected in the past, maybe we don't want to be a part, maybe we don't want to be attached and that is the reason we are alone!
  We have to look at the church as a garden and not as a farmers field. In a farmers field there are specific crops that the farmer wishes to produce, corn field, potato field, wheat field and in these fields we may not fit but in a garden there is variety and they all grow together!
  Except the seed fall to the ground and die it abideth alone, but if it dies it will produce much fruit no longer being by itself!
  Jesus felt alone on the cross but by His death He had reaped a harvest of souls in which to have fellowship!
 We are the only reason that we are alone! There are opportunities for us to come together and we must choose to be a part!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment