Friday, March 7, 2014

666

John 6:66
  From that time many of His disciples went back and walked no more with Him.

  And you thought this blog was going to be about the mark of the beast! It is not but what it is about is what the devil would have us to do, WALK AWAY!

  To many times when affliction comes we want to blame the devil for our problems. We give the devil to much credit for what is going on in our lives and we are giving him the victory for what is in fact our own doing! It was Flip Wilson who coined the phrase, The devil made me do it! The problem with that statement is people believe that the devil is responsible for our sinful action when in fact it is us who are responsible.

 If I am afflicted I will run to Jesus! If I am troubled in my spirit I will run to Jesus! If I am in need of a certain thing in my life I will run to Jesus! With that said the enemy knows these things and would be foolish to do things against me that would cause me to run to Jesus! So what he tries to do are things that will make me run from the Lord!

 LIKE WHAT? That's a great question, like what. Like causing you and a brother/sister in the Lord to be at odds with each other. Like causing you to get offended by the preaching of the word instead of convicted. Like causing you to see or hear all the negativity all around you! Like blessing your life with all kinds of material goods of this world causing you to turn your eyes from the Lord!

 The devil doesn't want to make the life of a Christian miserable because we will turn to the Lord. What he wants to do is get us to a place where we think that we don't need Jesus anymore or that we need Him a lot less! A happy sinner rarely needs Jesus!

 What the enemy of our soul wants more than anything else, is for us to go back and walk no more with Jesus! The devil doesn't care if you worship him. He doesn't care if you declare his name. He doesn't care if you are a nice person and you help people. The only thing the devil cares about is whether or not you are a worshipper of THE GREAT GOD ALMIGHTY!

 The cross before me, the world behind me, I wont turn back, I wont turn back! Take this whole world but give me Jesus!!!!!

   Read Matt. 19:16-24

1 comment: