Sunday, March 23, 2014

Shattered past, brilliant future!

1 Cor 6:9-11
 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.
  Today I want to share the short story of my past to give you an understanding of my joy of the present and the future.
 I would say that I had had what I think is a normal early childhood. I went to school, played games and sports with the neighborhood kids, went on vacations with the family and learned to ride a bike! What else is there?
  My parents divorced and remarried when I was to young to understand, and life goes on. At this time this is the life I learned to live with and didn't seem to have much of an effect on me!
  Entering the seventh grade is where life turned the corner, not drastically at first but just the beginning! I started smoking cigarettes and we know what society calls those, the gateway drug to other things and for me it was true!  Being introduced to other drugs and of course alcohol led my life down a whole new path! These things were prevalent in my family by one member or another so no big shock to me!
  I was able to make my way through high school even though skipping class and even being expelled my senior year was a part of my course! I met my wife, we got married, had three children and while our heads were still spinning the next chapter begins! Married at 17, three children by 20 and not a clue for what life was all about! Divorce was a major subject in our home, no direction and not much hope for the future. Dependent on the government for aid and nothing else to speak of.
  BUT GOD!!!!!!
  Laying in our bed one night God allowed us to sense a dark presence in our room, not knowing anything of the Lord, faith or the power in the name of Jesus I turned to my wife and out of the darkness spoke these words, "I think that we need to start going to church"! Without my knowledge of her past she responds, "I know just the one"! And the next chapter of life begins!
  I said short story so here is my closing statements! We started going to church! Our pastor and assistant pastor taught us the word of God through bible studies and pulpit ministry! We believed and obeyed the scriptures concerning our lives and are now forever changed! I felt a calling to ministry only after a few years in the church, began the licensing process and now have been pastoring for almost 10 years!
 The brilliant future in the title comes with this testimony. I have been married to the women I married in high school for going on 24 years and there is not a greater marriage that I know of from any other! All of my children are in church and all aspire to some kind of ministry! I have been forgiven of all my sins, I have been baptized in the most precious name, Jesus and He has filled me with the Holy Ghost! I am content in my life though I still struggle at times, but I know that Thou art with me! My Past is behind me, My present is now and My future is brilliant!!
 Read and memorize 2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments:

Post a Comment