Friday, February 21, 2014

Mans rules dont rule me!

Ps 119:9
 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

Proverbs tells us that there is a way that seemeth right unto man but the end thereof leadeth to destruction!
 There are two ways that I want to consider when reading this verse! The first is that sometimes we govern our own life by what we think to be right and even worse what we think is good for us! By living our lives this way we are living only by our own opinion! As a child of God this is obviously not the way to govern our lives! But even for those who are not living for God this way of living will bring consequence! If my opinion of the speed limit is to slow and I choose to go faster I will have to deal with the consequence if I am caught. If in my opinion I can treat people any way that I want to treat them, again I will have to deal with the consequence!

  The second way that I want to view this verse is from someone elses opinion of how I should live! Even though there is a way that seems right to me doesn't give me the liberty to demand my view above anothers! Nor does it give liberty to others to demand of me how I should live my life by there opinion! We can all offer our opinions on lifestyle but ultimately it is the choice of the individual!

 HOWEVER!!!!! Ps. 119:9 How shall I keep my way clean, pure, upright and acceptable to the Lord? By obeying His way! Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life! To often in hearing the preaching of Gods word we are only hearing the viewpoint of the preacher and we deem that as his own opinion! Faith cometh by hearing,  hearing by the word of God, hearing what God is saying! If it is Gods word being uttered then it must be received as the opinion of the Lord and not of man! ,

  Gal 1:10-12
 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
 

  I have to live my life in a way that is pleasing to God and it may not be pleasing to men but in order to do that I have to live according to His word in every aspect of my life!

 The disciples were rebuked for preaching the name of Jesus and were warned not to do it any more and Peter responds with the response I need to use in my walk with God, Acts 5:29
 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.


Read Luke 1:34-38 Paying close attention to Mary's final response!

No comments:

Post a Comment