Wednesday, February 5, 2014

A new day dawning!

Gen.28:12
 And he dreamed, and behold a ladder was set up on the earth, and the top of it reached heaven:and behold the angels of God ascending and descending on it.
 V. 16 And Jacob awaked out of his sleep, and he said, Surely the Lord is in this place, and I knew it not.
 V. 20-21 And Jacob vowed a vow saying, if God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and raiment to put on, So that I come again to my fathers house in peace; then shall the Lord be my God.
 Jacob was on the run, hiding from the wrath of his brother Esau after he had deceived his father into blessing him instead of Esau! 
 Jacob probably feeling scared and very alone, uncertain about what the future would now hold, found a place to rest! If we are going to have communion with the Lord we must find ourselves in a place of rest! This is a place where we can be alone with God and where the voice and the image of the world is not!
  It was at this place where God had offered Jacob hope and assurance that God would be with him! V. 15 And behold I am with thee and will keep thee in all places whither thou goest, and will bring thee again into this land, for I will not leave thee, until I have done that which I have spoken to thee of. 
   If you are in that place, if you have had one of those days, God is not finished yet, there is a new day dawning! It is time to awake from your sleep and realize that you are in the place where God dwells!
  And Jacob called that place Bethel, "the house of God!"
 Sing 10,000 reasons
  The sun comes up, its a new day dawning, its time to sing your song again, whatever may pass and whatever lies before me Let me be singing when the evening comes!

No comments:

Post a Comment