Saturday, February 1, 2014

Equality


The Ambassador
(pastoral communique)
Feb. 2, 2014

2 Cor 8:11-15
11 Now therefore perform the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to will, so there may be a performance also out of that which ye have.


12 For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not.
13 For I mean not that other men be eased, and ye burdened:


14 But by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that their abundance also may be a supply for your want: that there may be equality:
15 As it is written, He that had gathered much had nothing over; and he that had gathered little had no lack.


Good intentions are just that, they are those things that you intend to do that would be good and beneficial to those who would be a recipient of the intention. Verse 11 tells us to perform (action required)the doing of it! It has entered our minds to do and now there must be a fulfilling, or a performance, of the will or the good intention that you have.

 "It is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to that he hath not." We are only required to do with what it is that we have. I am not required to do or go beyond what it is that I am able to do, but I am required to be a good steward of those things I do possess.

 Verse 14 talks of an equal playing field bringing the levels of every individual to a neutral position. That they had all things common. Read Acts 2:44-45 Because you have more at this moment you supply for my need and when I have more then I become the supply for your need! Equality!

 In summation, I am to have what I need and no more but also having what I need and no less.  Read Eph. 4:16.

No comments:

Post a Comment