Thursday, February 13, 2014

To die is gain!

Phil.1:20-21
 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be life, or by death.
 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain!


  Knowing what I know of the Lord and the promises of His word how can I not look forward to what is to come! My expectations are of great proportions of good things to come! Not just an eternity with Jesus but here on this earth and in my lifetime! All things work together for the GOOD to them that love God and who are the called according to His purpose!
 I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation! I must stand for Christ, I must live my life in a way that will glorify Him and that will offer this hope to others. As I live I will live for the purpose of the cross, be salt to the earth and be a shining light in the darkness of this world! I must decrease that He would increase!
 
 As the body of Christ we die out to our old nature, to our own wills and desires! This life is not my own to YOU I belong, I give myself away! I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, Not I but Christ liveth in me. Christ lives through me! I must die so that Jesus can live by me! To die is gain!


 It is gain for Christ! It is gain for the kingdom! It is gain to a lost world! It is gain for me to die that others may live, not a spiritual death, not even a natural death but a death of this carnal worldly nature! Its time for the church to glorify God in their bodies and in their spirits.


  Read Matt. 16:24-27

No comments:

Post a Comment