Monday, February 10, 2014

Blessing or curse?

Duet.11:26-28
  Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;
27 A blessing if you obey the commandments of the Lord your God, which I command you this day:
28 And a curse; if you will not obey the commandments of the Lord your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which you have not known.
  Our choice to serve the Lord is based upon whether we choose to obey, which brings the blessings or disobey which brings the curse! This would seem like an easy choice but as you know to obey Gods commandments usually if not always requires us to surrender our wills and desires to His!
  After having done this on many occasions I have never regretted that choice but it is still a choice that has to be made nonetheless.
  Joshua said, Choose you this day who you will serve, as for me and my house we will serve the Lord! Every day we are given the same ultimatum, obedience and blessings or disobedience and curses. Every day we have to decide how will I live my life today, for the kingdom of heaven or for my own self! After making a number of consecutive choices to serve the Lord, before to long I no longer have to debate who it is that I'm going to serve because it becomes a lifestyle!
  Let your love for the Lord lead you in your decisions, Read John 14:15-21

No comments:

Post a Comment