Friday, February 7, 2014

Before the cock crows

Mark 14:72
And the second time the cock crew. And Peter called to mind the word that Jesus said unto him, Before the cock crow twice, thou shalt deny me thrice. And when he thought thereon, he wept.

 Its time to break the cycle of denial, accept who we are in Christ and live accordingly! We are the true light of the world and the salt to the earth! We are also the hope to the world by the word of God that flows from our lips!
 We are ambassadors of Christ, we speak as the oracles of God and we represent His kingdom, WE BELONG TO JESUS!!


 Before we dismiss the idea that we would deny Jesus in any way we need to look at the different ways that we could deny Him!
 
 Matt 10:32-33
 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
  Denying the Lord is not just a simple rejection but it is also what I will call an omission of confession. Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you and you SHALL be witnesses of ME! When an opportunity arises for us to be a witness of Christ and we choose to keep silent is this not a denial? We certainly don't want to believe that because there are times that this happens in our lives! We have to break the cycle!



  Matt 16:24
 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
  A part of our denial of Jesus is when we put our will, desires and plans above His and we begin to turn back to that old nature that Jesus has delivered us from.



 Titus 1:16
 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.
  When we hear the word of God and are given instructions or commandments we must become doers of that word! If we believe the word of God to be true and necessary for our lives than to be idle and not respond accordingly would be considered denial!



  The bible tells us that Peter had remembered what Jesus had said even though it was after the fact. Let this be a reminder to us today that in order to avoid the cock crowing I need to confess the Lord Jesus! Not just with my words but also with my actions.


  Read 2Tim.2:1-19


 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment